Rights & Responsibilities
Self-identifying as a student with a disability and asking for accommodations are personal decisions.
If a student requests accommodations at Monmouth, he or she is responsible for completing the accommodation process that begins with informing the Office of Student Success & Accessibility Services.
- To full and equal access to the same educational experience as students without disabilities.
- To have accommodation requests reviewed and authorized quickly and fairly by instructors and by Student Success & Accessibility Services staff.
- To have disability documentation held confidentially and released only to designated individuals with the student’s written request or permission.
- To self-identify his or her disability and provide professional and appropriate documentation of the disability.
- To consult with the director of Student Success & Accessibility Services to discuss appropriate accommodations.
- To consult with faculty at the beginning of each semester to discuss accommodation needs.
- To provide timely notification of special needs and changes in accommodation needs/services.
- To arrange exam accommodations with faculty well in advance of exam dates.
- To notify Student Success & Accessibility Services if requested accommodations are not being provided or are not effective.