Academic Support Services
Tutoring helps students develop study skills and habits of success needed to tackle college coursework.
We can provide the following:
- Academic Coaching: Academic coaches work one-on-one with students, talking with them about strategies to help them succeed, such as time management, exam preparation, note-taking techniques and more.
- Tutoring: Tutors support each student’s academic success while enhancing the student’s knowledge of the subject material. See the tutoring schedule for a list of available tutors and drop-in hours. Tutors may also be available to schedule 1:1 appointments outside of drop-in hours. Please email tutors individually to schedule, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Supplemental Instruction: Supplemental instruction (SI) is a peer-led, academic assistance program offered in especially difficult courses. SI leaders are students who have taken the course and performed well, and because they’re familiar with the content and instruction, supplemental instruction is a step beyond traditional tutoring. SI leaders can re-review course content, lectures and major themes, in addition to helping students with specific assignments.
- Workshops on study skills
- Individual consultations with professional staff to address academic concerns such as time management, exam preparation, note-taking techniques and more…