Mobility Devices

Students with a serious injury who are unable to walk to class and other important places on campus can request permission from the Office of Residence Life to use a mobility device (power chair, a medical scooter, or a golf cart).

The request and the required operating agreement are available here and also with the Office of Residence Life, Poling Hall. A medical doctor’s note confirming that use of a mobility device or a golf cart during the healing process is required and must be included in the request.

Mobility devices are approved only for use by the student who has sustained the injury. If the injured student is in violation of this rule by lending their mobility device to other students or by violating other provisions of the agreement, the College reserves the right to deny the use of the Golf Cart/Mobility device. Golf Cart/Mobility devices are at the expense of the user.

Mobility devices can be contracted through First Choice Medical Equipment. They do not rent Golf Carts. Currently a Power Chair can be rented for $80 a month.

First Choice Medical Equipment
1320 N. Henderson St.
Galesburg, IL 61401
Phone: 309-344-6000
Fax: 309-344-6065
Toll Free: 309-494-0409