Fraternity & Sorority Housing

Your home away from home.

Alpha Xi Delta House

Alpha Xi Delta house

This 19-bed house pays tribute to a historic fraternity house that formerly stood on the site. The new structure reflects some of the opulence of an earlier era, but with modern comforts such as energy-efficient windows, an elevator and zoned heating and cooling.

Monmouth’s Beta Epsilon chapter of Alpha Xi Delta was installed in 1932. After a short hiatus, the chapter returned to campus as part of Fraternity & Sorority Life in 1997. The national women’s fraternity was created in 1893 at the former Lombard College in nearby Galesburg. 


Kappa Kappa Gamma House

The Alpha Chapter house was built in 1896, opened in 2017, and is the home of the first Kappa Kappa Gamma chapter in the United States. With 3,516 square feet – including eight rooms and four bedrooms on the finished first and second floors – the home offers a large space for meetings. 

The women’s fraternity movement began at Monmouth in 1867 with the founding of what is now Pi Beta Phi. Along with Kappa Kappa Gamma, the two women’s fraternities are known as the Monmouth Duo.


Pi Beta Phi House

Pi Beta Phi house

Pi Beta Phi, founded at Monmouth in 1867 as I.C. Sorosis, was the first secret society for women in the United States to be patterned after men’s Greek letter fraternities.

Their 15-bed house, finished in 2016, was designed in a modified Greek Revival style to pay tribute to the architecture of Holt House - the original founding house just blocks away from campus. It has a chapter room in the basement, modern furnishings throughout, a kitchen and an outdoor patio and grill. Take a peek inside from the dedication


Alpha Tau Omega

Alpha Tau Omega house

Home to the brothers of Alpha Tau Omega, there are five student rooms of double occupancy and a chapter meeting room. 


Founders Village Fraternities

Harding House - Zeta Beta Tau

Phi Delta Theta - Porter House

Sigma Phi Epsilon - Ross House

Zeta Beta Tau - Harding House

Located on the east side of campus, Founders Village is composed of four individual buildings, each containing six apartments.

Each building is centrally air-conditioned and each of the six apartments can house four students and offers a furnished living room, shared bathroom, a kitchen and a dining area with dining table and chairs for four. Window treatments are provided. Laundry rooms are in the basement of each house. Mail is delivered to students.

Porter House - Phi Delta Theta