Housing Accommodations

We recognize that each student has unique needs.
We want to assist the best we can.

Special needs housing requests

We provide reasonable housing accommodations for students with disabilities. What is a disability? Under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, individuals with disabilities are defined as persons with a physical or mental impairment which substantially limits one or more major life activities.

We have all the information to help you navigate your first-year. This includes information about Housing & Meal Plans, such as room pricing, additional charges for specific rooms, meal plan pricing, and more!

If you’re not sure what to bring — we’ve got you covered. Each year the Office of Residence Life and the Office of Admission generates a packing list for new incoming students. Be sure to complete their New Student Checklist to make sure you’re ready for the Fall!

Students requesting special housing accommodations must work with the Student Success and Accessibility Services Office to complete the appropriate documentation.

Housing accommodations are determined on a case-by-case basis according to documented need and prevailing standards for reasonable accommodations. This includes the need for air conditioning because of asthma, allergies or other health-related issues.

Students with documented disabilities who require their own room because of their disability will still be billed at the standard double room rate. If a student is approved for air conditioning based on a disability and they are not living in an air-conditioned building, maintenance will install a College-owned window unit at no cost to the student. Only College owned air-conditioning units are permitted.

Service and assistance animals

As outlined in our Disabilities & Reasonable Accommodations Policies, the College is committed to supporting the needs of individuals with disabilities, both employees and students, and provides reasonable accommodations for qualified students and employees with disabilities. Though employees and students are generally not permitted to bring pets on campus, the College allows individuals to have service animals and assistance animals on campus according to the policy.

To request a service or assistance animal as a reasonable accommodation, students should contact the Office of Student Success and Accessibility Services to request this specific accommodation. Their staff with work with the Office of Residence Life staff and once approved, service animals must be registered with the College.