Course Registration Information
Once again, you will use Student Planning to register for May Term, Summer 2022, Fall 2022, and J-Term 2023 courses.
(See tutorials below.)
Registration will open as follows:
Monday, April 4 (Juniors and Seniors)
Wednesday, April 6 (Sophomores)
Monday, April 11 (Freshmen)
IMPORTANT: ALL NEW AND RETURNING STUDENTS MUST LOG INTO SELF-SERVICE PRIOR TO REGISTRATION TO ACCEPT THE STUDENT PAYMENT AND DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT FOR THE UPCOMING 2022-2023 ACADEMIC YEAR!
Students will be assigned a priority registration time based on the number of earned course credits. Students will see their assigned registration time by logging into Self-Service/Student Planning. Select “Plan your Degree and Register for Classes.” Be sure to add a future term to your plan by clicking on the + button on the plan and schedule screen. Once you do so, your assigned registration time should appear.
You may also check your earned course credits on the “View Your Progress” screen to see how many credits you have completed to determine your registration time based on the schedule at the bottom of this screen.
A few things to remember:
- Students will need Registration Clearance from their advisor in order to register themselves online beginning at their assigned times.
- Use the Course Catalog in Self-Service to search for your courses and add them to your plan prior to your registration time. You may use the course type filter on in advanced catalog search to identify courses that will meet specific general education requirements and the “View My Progress” option to select courses and add to plan.
- The Course Catalog option now offers the ability to search by course types in the new core curriculum. This will be helpful when identifying courses that will substitute, for example, for the GP, Reflections and Citizenship courses in the new curriculum. Moving forward, GP will be satisfied via Global Learning, Reflections will be satisfied via an Identity, Diversity and Equity course, and Citizenship will be satisfied with a Community Engagement designated course.
- Registration help will be available during these times by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This will be the best way to communicate issues and concerns. The Office of the Registrar will work through the emails as they arrive and as time allows throughout the evening.
- We will also be available in the ACE/Hewes Library during these registration times if you need assistance.
- If you get a message about a needing a pre-requisite or instructor consent, you will need to contact the instructor of that course directly. The instructor will need to email approval to email@example.com or apply a waiver via Student Planning to allow the registration override.
Registration Times - The schedule below shows when registration will open for individual students.
Monday, April 4th, 2022 (seniors & juniors)
6:00 p.m. Students with 24 completed course credits
6:30 p.m. Students with 21.25 completed course credits
7:00 p.m. Students with 20 completed course credits
7:30 p.m. Students with 18 completed course credits
8:00 p.m. Students with 15 completed course credits
Wednesday, April 6th, 2022 (sophomores)
6:00 p.m. Students with 12.50 completed course credits
6:30 p.m. Students with 12 completed course credits
7:00 p.m. Students with 11 completed course credits
7:30 p.m. Students with 9.25 completed course credits
8:00 p.m. Students with 7.00 completed course credits
Monday, April 11th, 2022 (freshmen)
6:00 p.m. Students with 5.25 completed course credits
6:30 p.m. Students with 4.125completed course credits
7:00 p.m. Students with 4.00 completed course credits (randomly assigned)
7:30 p.m. Students with 4.00 completed course credits (randomly assigned)
8:00 p.m. Students with 0.00 completed course credits
Monday, April 18th, 2022 - Noon
All non-degree seeking students with registration clearance may register.
Planning and Registering for Courses tutorial
Course Catalog Tutorial