Faculty led courses
Scots Term programs are courses developed and led by Monmouth
faculty and staff that focus on one or two subject areas. These 7- to 15-day trips are great for all students; they give students the chance to learn and explore without the commitment of a full semester.
A variety of experiences
Scots Term programs incorporate group activities into their curriculum and provide enriching global engagement. Past Scots Term classes have given students the chance to travel to rainforests, islands, deserts, and cities to have hands-on lessons that can’t be taught inside a classroom. Each course offers course credit between 0.25-1 credit, depending on the program.
Flexibility means more trips
The courses offered are never the same and always once in a lifetime. Bonus: giving students an opportunity to enroll in many trips throughout their Monmouth experience. Each trip includes: roundtrip airfare from the departure hub; international health insurance; lodging; entrance fees for museums, cultural sites, and events related to the course. Depending on the program, either all meals or some meals will be provided.
- Scots Term - short-term courses that will take place during a J-term or May term giving students the chance to go abroad without having to dedicate a semester to study abroad.
- J-Term (January term) - It takes place in December typically after Christmas and students return before the start of spring classes.
May Term - is the same as J-Term but takes place in May, usually after graduation.
- Classical rhetoric in Greece
- Cross Cultural Psychology of post-apartheid South Africa
- Scottish writing and literature
- The business of the wine industry in Australia
- Ancient History and travel writing in Japan
- The biodiversity of Belize and Guatemala
- Cross Cultural Psychology in Italy
To register for the short-term course
- Add yourself to the waitlist for the course
- All forms must be signed and turned into the Office of Global Engagement
- College Approval Form
- Emergency Contact Form
- Short-Term Abroad Cancellation and Refund Form
- Short-Term Study Abroad Contract
- A non-refundable deposit of $95 will need to be paid to the Business Office (only for non-third party trips)
- Copy or picture of the information page of passport or receipt(s) for a passport being processed