Traci (Brackett) Toohill ’00
What am i doing now?
Key steps in my journey:
● Certified Internal Auditor certification in 2007
● Certified Fraud Examiner and Certified Risk Management Auditor designations in 2012
● MBA from University of Illinois Springfield in 2012.
● President of the Central Illinois Chapter of Internal Auditors in 2015 and 2019
● My ADM career has included: o Field Auditor – 50% Travel in North America including 3 Audits in Europe
o HR Coordinator – Responsible for intern and new hire recruiting, onboarding, training.
o External Audit Manager – Partnered with EY to coordinate a team of auditors to provide interim and year end substantive testing for the annual ADM audit.
o SOX Manager – Coordinated Global SOX Program to provide ADM Management and External Audit reliance on Internal Audit testing and conclusions.
o Deputy Director – Responsible for the compilation and execution of the CAE and Global Director team created annual Risk Assessment and Audit Plan.
● Career advice:
o Freshman summer start seeking employment aligned with your degree, even if it is a part time clerical role vs. formal Internship.
o Demonstrate initiative and be open to any opportunity.