Pete Lipinski ’13
What am i doing now?
Key steps in my journey:
• Being engaged and involved in my undergraduate education at Monmouth
o You will only get out of it what you put in, so put in a lot!
• Internship with Bank of Montreal – Harris Bank in Chicago, IL
o Even though the internship was not in their Accounting division, the hard and soft skills gained during 3 summers as an intern in Global Treasury Markets gave me a leg up after graduation
• Worked in multiple industries gaining a wide range of skills
o Hill Robinson International Yacht Management (FL) – Yacht Accountant o Florida Peninsula Insurance (FL) – Staff Accountant
o Keiser University (FL, Nicaragua, Shanghai)– Accountant
o Southeastern College & Institute (FL, SC, NC) – Business Officer and now Chief Financial Officer
• “The most dangerous phrase in the language is ‘We’ve always done it this way!’” – Grace Hopper
o This quote has been on my desk since I started my professional career, DON’T BE AFRAID OF CHANGE!
• Earned a Master of Accounting degree from Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton, FL
• You’re not always going to work alongside people who are your best friends. Learn to embrace that and to learn from them to allow for the best possible collaborations. You never know what they’ll be able to teach you.