Kylee Winiecki Johnston ’16
What am i doing now?
Key steps in my journey:
• My career has consisted of:
o 1 Year as a Tax Associate at RSM US LLP (Davenport, IA)
o 3 years at Porte Brown (2 years Staff Accountant, 1 year Senior) (McHenry, IL)
• Attitude is EVERYTHING – things are not always going to go your way. Staying positive and having a good attitude will make you stand out over others.
• Change is inevitable. Your ability to adapt to new peers, coworkers, tasks will really help you excel in your career and life.
• Find something you love to do at work and continue to do that. Get involved in a team or a committee that interests you and build yourself within the company you work for.
• Don’t be afraid of failures and mistakes. Don’t be afraid of negative feedback. See these as growth opportunities. Keep striving to always be better than the day before.