Kari Eklund Rodrique ’08
What am i doing now?
Key steps in my journey:
• Internship with John Deere on Internal Audit Staff in 2007.
• Completed three rotations in John Deere’s Finance Development Program.
o Trips to Manheim, Germany and Ningbo, China provided global perspectives that changed my career and personal outlook.
• Obtained my Master’s in Business with a focus on Global Management in 2014.
• Stepped outside my small-town Illinois comfort zone and took on challenging roles within John Deere in Horicon, Wisconsin and Thibodaux, Louisiana.
• While a small dot on the map of John Deere locations, Thibodaux Louisiana has provided me an entirely new global perspective; working with colleagues in Brazil, China, Thailand and many more on a regular basis.
• Embracing a diverse and global business environment is key to positioning oneself for success.
• Be prepared for the unexpected, embrace change and challenges, and never underestimate the power of networking and relationship building.