Kelly Compton Cheline ’08
What am i doing now?
PARTNER COMPTON ACCOUNTING ALTONA, IL
Key steps in my journey:
- Audited country clubs for a Naperville CPA firm for 6 months upon Monmouth College graduation.
- Started at Compton Accounting January 2009 as Staff Accountant
- Earned credentials (keep learning…don’t stop when you graduate)
- Enrolled Agent (EA) 2012
- Accredited Business Accountant/Advisor (ABA) 2015
- Accredited Tax Preparer (ATP) 2017
- Once you have learned your tasks at your job, look at them from a different angle. See if there is a different/better way to do your work. I’ve implemented different technology pieces to help our processes and to keep up with the rest of the world!
- Encourage others – it creates a great work environment. Working well with others is recognized by management.