Add stories to your group to share on the Monmouth website.
From the Dashboard in your group, click the Stories tab.
If you are creating a new story, click the blue + Add new. Or you can click on the name of an existing story to edit.
Fill out the form with the relevant information for your story. The story title and summary are required. Make sure the summary is less than 3 lines long. Use the return key (enter) to write multiple paragraphs under Story Details.
Images are HIGHLY encouraged. Upload the highest quality image or multiple images if applicable. The images appear below the first paragraph of text from the Story Details.
Use the image cropper tool to select a square thumbnail that appears in news listings around the site.
Tag the story with labels to appear on the story (eg Biology, Study Abroad). Stories with the same tag appear beneath the story, under “Related Stories.”
Note: Web administrators can go to Toolbox > Libraries > Tags to make tags global across all groups. Only starred tags appear on the website.
- Click Save when finished. You can also click Save and Go to Story for a preview that will open in a new tab.
- The news story appears with Did You Know facts on the left. To hide these facts on more serious stories, web administrators can tag the story with admin-serious.
Making Stories Live
Unless changed, the default for stories is hidden.
Click Hidden and change to Live, or when creating your story, you have the option to make the story Live as well.
It’s best practice to add an image to a story.
You can always check for shared images in the CMS if you don’t have one in your group.
- You can also choose to attach a gallery to the story. Make sure to add captions on the gallery images.
Content entered into the summary appears under the title when widgets pull stories on to a page.
Keep summaries brief and do not repeat them in the body copy, this will duplicate on the story page.
- Get the most out of your work by sharing your story with other groups.
- Enter other groups who might want to post or link to your story as well.
- You can always suggest to the Homepage group as well!
- Note that content shared with other groups will be approved by that group’s content manager.
News Listing Widget
This widget shows the top 3 news stories from your group.
(Group Name) News
News Story Gallery
This widget shows the top 10 news stories from your group in a gallery.