Shows a grid of important links with images.
- Go to Blurbs > +Add and manage blurb types.
- Go to Global Blurb Types > Featured Links
- +Add new featured links blurb.
- Fill in the title (appears in red label) and the link url. Each link needs a unique title. Include a relative url to a page on the Monmouth website: /academics/biology
Include tags in the blurb sidebar. Only starred tags appear on the website.
- Starred tags appear when hovering over the box, for example “major” or “minor”. Go to Toolbox > Libraries > Tags to star a tag.
- Other tags can be used to show different Featured Links on different pages. For example, tag a link with “students” and use this tag when adding the Featured Links widget to the students page.
- Save the blurb. Next we will add the image.
- Go to Images > +Add a new image collection
Name the collection “Featured Links” (this collection may already exist).
- Then +Add a new image. Upload an image at least 340px x 300px. The image will be cropped automatically, in the center.
- Tag the image with the title of the featured link. Save the image.
- Visit the page where these links should appear, and Edit Page.
- In the editor toolbar, go to Insert > Widget, then add the Featured Links widget. Links from this group appear inside a grid. Choose a 2-across or 3-across grid; choose balloon order or alpha order.
- If you wish to show different links on different pages within the same group site, you can filter the widget by tag: