Scots Care Fund
Funds to Support Student Needs.
The Scots Care Fund was established through initiatives within Scots Student Senate and their desire to provide financial support for issues and expenses that have occurred due to the current climate caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Possible Expenses Covered by the Scots Care Fund (this list is not exhaustive)
- Text Books
- Medication and other costs related to emergency medical care not covered by insurance.
- Travel costs related to a death or illness in the immediate family.
- Mental Health Services, off campus counseling.
- Meal expenses during breaks when Scots Dining is closed.
- Break Housing Fees.
- Technology Support – hardware ($600 cap) or software.
Expenses Not Covered by the Scots Care Fund (this list is not exhaustive)
- Room and Board.
- Study Abroad fees.
- Health Insurance.
- Monmouth College Student Account balance.
- Non-emergency travel.
- Personal Bills such as: credit card, cable, cell phone.
- Recurring fixed expenses (i.e. Rent).
Scroll down for an application.
Other Funds Available
Hurckes Emergency Fund
William ’81 and Yvonne ’80 Hurckes have established an endowed fund to provide perpetual financial support for unanticipated needs and/or emergency situations for Monmouth College students.
Possible Expenses covered by the Hurckes Emergency Fund (this list is not exhaustive)
- Transportation expenses for a family emergency.
- Unanticipated need for food/meals.
- Minor medical care.
- Text books and supplies.
Contact the Office of Student Financial Planning for more information or to apply for the Hurckes Emergency Fund.
Condon Student Emergency Fund
The purpose of the Condon Student Emergency Assistance Fund is to provide assistance for Monmouth College students in emergency needs.
Possible Expenses Covered by the Condon Student Emergency Fund
- Medical Supplies.
- Medical Treatment.
- Train/bus ticket to go home for family emergency.
- Other needs determined as a genuine “emergency”.
- Funds dispersed per student not to exceed $150 in one academic year.
See application below. Email the Scots Care Fund for more information.
Looking to help our Scots? You can make a gift online today!
Students interested in applying for funds can contact the Office of Student Life, or complete the online application below.