On-Campus COVID-19 Testing
COVID-19 testing is made possible thanks to a generous grant from the Community Health Foundation of Warren and Henderson Counties.
About the Test
Monmouth College has contracted with the SHIELD Illinois program through the University of Illinois, which uses saliva samples to test for COVID-19. This is a highly accurate test and should yield results within 24-48 hours, which will help to protect the campus community during the pandemic by helping to identify and isolate very quickly individuals who have contracted the virus.
Testing is provided at no charge to students, faculty and staff, regardless of how many times tested during the semester. College retirees may also be tested on campus at no charge.
- VERY IMPORTANT: You must completely fast 60 minutes before being tested. During this time, do not drink water, chew gum, use toothpaste or tobacco products. Your test will not be valid if you do not fast for 60 minutes before being tested.
- Those testing at Monmouth College for the first time must provide a valid phone number and email address for results.
- Schedule an appointment with your SHIELD Illinois account. If you don’t yet have an account, you can create a SHIELD Illinois account online. If you encounter issues, you can call the SHIELD patient support line (217-265-6059) or allow the testing site staff to walk you through account and appointment creation on-site.
Testing is available from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. on Mondays and Thursdays with the exceptions of the holidays below. The testing center is located in the Student Health Center in rooms 8 and 9 on the ground level of McMichael Residential Hall across the hall from the Bookstore.
HOLIDAY DATES AND HOURS
Monday, September 5 – Labor Day - Closed - Testing will be on Tuesday, September 6 from 7 a.m.-10 a.m. Monday, October 10 – Columbus Day - Closed - Testing will be on Tuesday, October 11 from 7 a.m.-10 a.m.
To access the Student Health Center: Turn on to the North 9th where there is public parking next to and across the street from the Monmouth College Bookstore.
SHIELD Illinois Accounts
A SHIELD Illinois account is required to:
- schedule, reschedule or cancel a testing appointment
- register dependents (including minors) seeking a test
- view test results
If you do not yet have an account, use these steps to create one:
- Go to portal.shieldillinois.com
- Click on sign up for an account.
- Enter the appropriate agency code:
Group Agency Code Monmouth College Students f749rrsm-stu Monmouth College Employees f749rrsm-empl Community Members nz06cuj7
- Your email address will become your SHIELD Illinois account username.
- If you are a Monmouth College student or employee, you must register with your @monmouthcollege.edu email address.
- Once you’ve submitted your information, you will receive a verification code.
- Enter your verification code to create your account password.
If you have any issues, please call the 24/7 patient support line at 217-265-6059.
Prior to your arrival at the testing center, please schedule an appointment:
- Log into portal.shieldillinois.com. If you do not have an account in the new system, please register for an account.
- Choose Schedule, View or Cancel an Appointment.
- Choose Schedule an Appointment to search for and select an appointment time.
- Scheduling an appointment will create a QR code in your patient account. Bring it with you to your appointment (printout, screenshot, or the confirmation email).
When results are available, those being tested will receive a text message and email with a link to the SHIELD Illinois patient portal. To view results, participants must log in with the username (email address) and password created at registration.
By submitting a saliva sample, participants consent to the collection, analysis and storage of their saliva specimen, and collection, storage and use of their personally identifiable health information by Monmouth College. Participants also acknowledge that SHIELD Illinois will report test results as required by law and will report test results to Monmouth College. Participants are solely responsible for the accuracy of all information they submit.
Campus Mitigation Testing
All employees and students on campus who are not fully vaccinated are required to participate in COVID-19 testing upon return to campus after breaks and periodically throughout the semester for mitigation testing. Mitigation testing, as well as testing of symptomatic individuals or those identified as close contacts of someone with COVID-19, will occur at the Student Health Center during regular testing hours.
Mitigation testing will consist of 10% of the campus community being identified for a test each week. Individuals will receive an email notification that they have been selected for mitigation testing, and they will be required to supply a saliva sample at the testing center during that week. Tests will also be available for members of the campus community who are symptomatic or who have been a close contact of someone with COVID-19.
Free Testing for Henderson and Warren Counties
Monmouth offers free COVID-19 testing for residents of Henderson and Warren counties. The free testing is made possible thanks to a generous grant from the Community Health Foundation of Warren and Henderson Counties.
Testing is at the Student Health Center. Be sure to prepare for your test beforehand. If possible, please register for a SHIELD Illinois account and schedule an appointment prior to arrival. For directions and times, please read about the location and hours of operation.
Residents of Henderson and Warren counties must provide a valid phone number and email address for results. Anyone seeking a test who is younger than 18 years old must have a parent or guardian present to consent to testing.