Spring 2021 Move-In/Arrival to Campus Process
Similar to how Fall 2020 move-in occurred, we will be staggering move-in times for all incoming students and requiring all students to get tested for COVID-19 at the Huff Athletic Center PRIOR to moving into the residence halls. More information on the Spring move-in process, including information on COVID-19 testing, can be found on our COVID-19 page.
Move-In/Campus Arrival Calendar
- Jan. 22 - Residence Life (HRs, RAs, & HMs), Stockdale Managers, commuters and other move-in helpers
- Jan. 23 - New student orientation and students with last names A-J
- Jan. 24 - Students with last names K-Z
Spring 2021 Details
Jan. 22 - Early Arrival Groups Move-In/Campus Arrival
- 1-4pm - Residence Life staff, Stockdale Managers, commuters and move-in help check-in
- 6:pm - Dinner for early arrivals (paid by group); all meals to-go
- 7:30pm - Residence Life staff will review Spring 2021 move-in weekend via Zoom
- Brunch will be provided on Jan. 23
Jan. 23 - New Residential Students and students with last names A-J
- 9:am - All students participating in new student orientation and special arrivals
- 10:30am - A-C
- Noon - Lunch and Open Period ; time for families with special needs and/or conditions
- 1:pm - D-G
- 2:30pm - H-J
- 4:pm - Open Period; time for families with special needs and/or conditions or who cannot arrive earlier
- 5:pm - Dinner
Jan. 24 - Students with last names K-Z
- 9:am - K-N
- 10:30am - O-R
- Noon - Lunch and Open Period; time for families with special needs and/or conditions
- 1:pm - S-T
- 2:30pm - U-Z
- 4:pm - Open Period; time for families with special needs and/or conditions or who cannot arrive earlier.
- 5:pm - Dinner
If you are unable to arrive during your scheduled move in time due to existing travel plans (including already booked flights or train tickets) or for other reasons please contact the Office of Residence Life to notify us as to when you plan to arrive.
Spring 2021 Bookstore Book Pick-Up Process
As we are staggering Spring 2021 move-in dates and times to test all new and returning students for COVID-19, the College will also stagger times when students will be required to pick up their books from the Bookstore(opens in a new tab). Those dates/times are posted on the website here: Spring 2021 Bookstore Book Pick-Up.
During those times, the Bookstore will have a small, covered area outside the Bookstore with a heating element nearby. Bookstore representatives will call out students one by one. We ask all students to wear a mask and socially distance from others while waiting in the area.
Students who miss their book pick-up time will need to wait until the morning of Monday, Jan. 25, to collect their books. Therefore, it is important that students do their best to arrive at their scheduled date and time to not only be tested for COVID-19 but also to be on-campus when their time comes to collect their books.
Meals will begin with dinner on Saturday, Jan. 23. Meals will be served in the cafeteria in a grab-and-go style throughout the warm-up period.
Hewes Library Hours of Operation
Monday-Thursday - 7:30am-9pm
Friday - 7:30am-4:30pm
Saturday - Closed
Sunday - 1-9pm