A combination of in-person and virtual celebrations.
Commencement Weekend 2021 is May 15–16.
The submission date is approaching!
Items due MAY 6:
- Senior Class Gift and Honor Walk Video – Make a donation of $20.21 or more to the Senior Class Gift to participate in the virtual Honor Walk. Once the donation is submitted please prepare a short video (under 30 seconds) of you and your honoree or just yourself naming your honoree. You will also receive a Talent (Monmouth College coin) that you may bestow to your honoree. Visit here to start your donation.
- Commencement Items – A photo of you in your cap and gown or nice attire.
- Fun Photos – Send us fun photos of you and your friends throughout your years at Monmouth for the Senior Slide Show.
UPDATE: March 31, 2021
Dear Members of Class of 2021 and Family Members:
In consultation with state and local guidelines, I am pleased to announce changes to planned 2021 Commencement Weekend events. My thanks to Associate Vice President Karen Ogorzalek and Director of Campus Events Ryan Doyle for working on these revisions.
At 8 p.m. on Saturday, May 15, graduating seniors will gather at April Zorn Memorial Stadium for the Senior Send-Off, where they will be welcomed as new members of the Monmouth Alumni Association. At noon on Sunday, May 16, the Wallace Walk will be expanded into a more traditional and modified Commencement Ceremony. The ceremony will be held on the Wallace Hall Plaza, rain or shine.
The Sunday, May 16, celebration will begin with the procession of the graduates to their seats on the Wallace Hall Plaza. Each graduate will be allowed to bring up to three ticketed guests to the May 16 ceremony. Guests, who will receive a ticket before the ceremony, must wear a mask at all times and socially distance from other groups. A limited amount of socially distanced seating will be available for guests; guests are encouraged to bring their own folding chairs and dress appropriately for the weather.
College faculty and staff may request one ticket from the Office of Campus Events to attend the May 16 celebration on Wallace Hall Plaza. Faculty will not process at the ceremony nor expected to be present in academic regalia.
The May 15-16 events will be livestreamed on the College’s social media platforms. A photographer will take photos of each graduate at the May 16 ceremony.
Good work has been done to open the Commencement ceremony within the current guidelines issued by the State of Illinois, but it is important to remember that the virus is still with us. Should changing COVID conditions cause the State to shift to a more restrictive set of guidelines, it could be necessary to change the plans announced here.
We will also celebrate our graduates virtually. The May 16 events – which will include virtual Baccalaureate, virtual Honor Walk and the modified Commencement Ceremony – will be posted to the Commencement home page at 6 p.m. CT to give those who are unable to attend the in-person events a chance to celebrate with the graduate.
We appreciate your understanding as we navigate this dynamic landscape. We will update the Commencement web pages if any changes are made.
All the best,
– President Clarence R. Wyatt
Class of 2021
You (almost) did it! Your days at Monmouth College are winding down and whether you’re savoring those days or counting them down your Commencement Weekend is May 15-16. We’re so excited!
Caps and gowns, announcements and class rings can be ordered online on the Herff Jones Website. There is an approximate fee of $52 for the cap and gown. The last day to order your cap and gown without incurring additional fees is April 20. Monmouth College will provide stoles and tassels for the 2021 graduates. If you still need a cap and gown and missed the deadline, please stop by the Stockdale Office or give us a call.
Commencement Weekend Events
Monmouth College will have both in-person and virtual Commencement Weekend events to celebrate the 2021 graduating class.
Saturday, May 15 – Graduates Only
Senior Send-Off: 8pm at April Zorn Memorial Stadium.
- The Alumni and Development Office will welcome the graduates into the Monmouth Alumni Association with a ceremony, a toast and fireworks.
Sunday, May 16 - Graduates and limited guest**
Modified In-Person Commencement: Noon on Wallace Hall Plaza.
- Graduates will walk across the stage to receive their diploma from President Wyatt. A photographer will take photos throughout the ceremony as each graduate receives their diploma. A video will be live-streamed, recorded and posted at a later date.
**Each graduate will be allowed to bring up to three ticketed guests to the May 16 ceremony. Guests, who will receive a ticket before the ceremony, must wear a mask at all times and socially distance from other groups. A limited amount of socially distanced seating will be available for guests; guests are encouraged to bring their own folding chairs and dress appropriately for the weather.
We will continue follow our state and local guidelines and announce any changes.
Sunday, May 16 – Virtual Ceremonies at 6pm
- A traditional worship service led by the graduates, celebrates the completing of their college journey and the beginning of their life journey.
- Students have the opportunity to honor someone who has made a significant impact on their educational experience.
- Commencement Ceremony
If you have questions, email the Office of Campus Events at email@example.com or call at 309.457.2345.