“Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s needs but not every man’s greed.” — Mahatma Gandhi
Monmouth offers a variety of options for students passionate about climate change and caring for or studying our environment. Our environmental studies and sustainability major and Global Food Security program are great academic complements to service and advocacy work. Students may also be interested in paid student work opportunities at our Educational Garden & Farm.
We also offer a variety resources and support for students interested in the environment and environmental justice. Check out the links below to get involved on campus, locally, regionally and beyond.
I’m ready to act
Off campus opportunities
Center core programs
General campus programs
To get started in this program, take ESTS-103: Introduction to Environmental Studies and Sustainability
- Kenneth L. Cramer, Chair | Environmental Studies and Sustainability
- Eric Engstrom, Biology & Global Food Security
- Megan Hinrichsen, Anthropology & Global Food Security
- Michael Connell, Political Economy and Commerce
- Adrienne Hagen, Classics
- Jialin Li, Sociology
- Michael Nelson, Political Science
- Timothy J. Tibbetts, Biology