New Student Checklist
I’ve committed! What’s next?
1. Complete the housing preference form
Your responses to this form will help us place you in a residence hall with a roommate of similar interests. Students must commit to Monmouth and submit their deposit before completing the Housing Preference Form. Housing preference forms will be available beginning February 1, 2022. Check your email for the link to complete your form. Questions? Contact your admission counselor.
2. Get ready to register for fall classes
Academic advising and registration (making your fall class schedule!) will be available to deposited students through June 15. Students who have submitted their deposit are invited to sign-up for a registration.
In advance of your one-on-one virtual advising appointment, we need you to do four things:
- First: Complete an academic advising questionnaire to aid in the holistic advising model we use here at Monmouth College.
Second: Complete the foreign language placement exam. The foreign language placement exam is completed online and helps us determine your requirements and class schedule. Deposited students will receive a link to this exam in their email beginning in April in advance of their scheduled advising appointment.
- Third: Make sure we have an updated copy of your high school transcript on file with grades from the fall 2021 semester (official or unofficial is fine for registration!). This helps us determine math placement, especially for students who applied test optional.
- Fourth: Be sure to complete our Business Office disclosure statement, available in your self service portal.
3. Meet with an advisor to make your fall class schedule
Our faculty advisors are here to help you build your first college class schedule. They will walk you through requirements, electives, major options, everything you need to know to prepare for your first semester during a one-on-one zoom meeting. Click here to schedule your meeting. Contact your admission counselor if you have any questions.
5. Finalize your financial aid
Be sure to accept your scholarships, grants and any loans you intend to borrow reflected on your official Financial Assistance Award Letter by logging in to the self service portal. There may be other next steps related to your individual financial aid award. All financial aid related to do list items can be found in your self service portal. If you are also interested in a payment plan option, be sure to explore details and deadlines or enroll.
6. Request a copy of your final official high school transcript after graduation
If you submitted and were admitted to Monmouth College with unofficial test scores, we will also need official copies of your SAT or ACT scores (does not apply to students admitted test optional).
7. Submit your health forms
All incoming students are required to submit immunization paperwork before the fall semester, plus physical paperwork required for incoming student athletes.
We also encourage you to continue to check the Admitted Student Page for more fun updates and giveaways. All that’s left is to celebrate! We are so excited to welcome you this fall! #rollscots
Save the date!
New student move in is Saturday, August 20, 2022. Orientation is August 20-23 and the first day of classes is Wednesday, August 24.