New Student Checklist
I’ve committed! What’s next?
1. Complete the housing preference form
Your responses to this form will help us place you in a residence hall with a roommate of similar interests. Students must commit to Monmouth and submit their deposit before completing the Housing Preference Form.
2. Get ready to register for fall classes
Academic advising and registration (making your fall class schedule!) will be available to deposited students beginning in April and continuing through May and June.
In advance of your one-on-one virtual advising appointment, we need you to do three things:
- First: Complete an academic advising questionnaire to inform your schedule.
Second: Complete the foreign language placement exam. The foreign language placement exam is completed online and helps us determine your requirements and class schedule. Students who deposit on or before April 10 will receive an email with the exam link on April 14. You only have one week to complete the exam before the link expires, so be on the lookout! Students who deposit on and after April 11 will receive the language placement exam link in mid-May.
- Third: Make sure we have an updated copy of your high school transcript on file with grades from the fall 2020 semester (official or unofficial is fine for registration!). This helps us determine math placement, especially for students who applied test optional.
Our faculty advisors are here to help you build your first college class schedule. They will walk you through requirements, electives, major options, everything you need to know to prepare for your first semester. Students who deposit on or before April 10 can sign up for Early Registration now!
Students depositing on or after April 11th will be contacted beginning in mid-May by their admission counselor to schedule a one-on-one advising appointment in late May or June.
4. Sign up for Scots Summer Orientation
This summer we’ll be offering four in-person options for summer orientation:
- Saturday, June 12 at 9:00 a.m.
- Saturday, June 12 at 2:00 p.m.
- Saturday, July 17 at 9:00 a.m.
- Saturday, July 17 at 2:00 p.m.
In addition, one one-hour virtual orientation session for those who can’t make it to campus will take place on Thursday, July 22 at 7:00 p.m. A library of virtual orientation resources will also be available.
5. Finalize your financial aid
Be sure to accept your scholarships, grants and any loans you intend to borrow reflected on your official Financial Assistance Award Letter by logging in to the self service portal. There may be other next steps related to your individual financial aid award. All financial aid related to do list items can be found in your self service portal. If you are also interested in a payment plan option, be sure to explore details and deadlines or enroll.
6. Request a copy of your final official high school transcript after graduation
If you submitted and were admitted to Monmouth College with unofficial test scores, we will also need official copies of your SAT or ACT scores (does not apply to students admitted test optional).
7. Submit your health forms
Check back late spring for links to immunization paperwork required for all incoming students, plus physical paperwork required for incoming student athletes.
We also encourage you to continue to check the Admitted Student Page for more fun updates and giveways. All that’s left is to celebrate! We are so excited to welcome you this fall! #rollscots