No idea what to major in? No problem.
Undecided? No worries!
If you have no idea what to major in you are actually in the majority. Most students don’t know what they want to do or what to major in and that’s okay. Seriously. We don’t expect you to have it all figured out before you get here. That’s what we are here for.
- What are you curious about?
- What majors and departments suit your interests?
- What career paths align with your strengths and your passions?
- What kind of life do you want to lead?
We’ll support you every step of the way and help you discover the answers.
Why pay more for gen-eds?
We get it. If you don’t know what you want to do why would you pay more? Well, because figuring out not only what you want to do, but what you’re passionate about, and what can get you that dream life, is what we do best. Trust us. It’s worth it. We will connect you with an advisor, usually an awesome faculty member, who will guide you through those general education courses and electives to find what fits your interests best. We will help you figure out what you want to do and who you want to be in these next four years and the forty years after. Plus, our Wackerle Career Center will connect you with our entire network of Monmouth alumni who will back you up with internships, shadowing experiences and opportunities you haven’t even thought of yet. That’s what being a part of the Monmouth family is all about.
- <blockquote class="callout-quote"><div class="callout-quote-text"><p> “When I meet with an undecided student, I let them know that it’s actually not a negative thing. They’re really more open to different and new things rather than someone who 100% knows exactly what they want to do. So it’s really an opportunity.”</p></div><footer class="callout-quote-footer">Jen Braun, kinesiology faculty</footer></blockquote>
We’ve got your back.
Want to chat with an advisor before you commit to Monmouth? We offer pre-advising sessions for undecided students Monday through Saturday by request, in person or on Zoom. Our advisors can help you think about how to use those general education courses to figure out where you want to go on your academic journey. Discuss your passions, interests and ideas about your future. If you haven’t thought that far ahead that’s okay too. We’re here to help.
We’ve also created a quiz to give you some things to think about. Check out MyMajors.com to see what your future holds.