Sports Information & Media minor requirements (5.25 course credits)
Core Courses (3.25 minimum course credits)
- COMM 117- Journalism Workshop
- COMM 260- Introduction to Journalism: Reporting and Writing
COMM 270- Sports Communication
- COMM 269- Media Production (If interested in Sports Media) or
PUBR 241- Public Relations (If interested in Sports Information)
Electives (2.0 elective course credits)
Students will choose two elective courses, neither of which may be in a student’s major department or counts toward their major, selected from the following list (or approved by the minor coordinator).
- PUBR 363- Media and PR Writing
- PUBR 267- Layout and Design
- COMM 333- Organizational Communication
- COMM 235- Small Group
- COMM 339- Persuasion
- BUSI 367- Advertising
- ARTD 237- Photography: Digital
- PHED 301- Coaching Principles and Methods (.5)
- EXSC 360- Health Promotion (.5)
- EXSC 421- Organization and Administration
An internship pre-approved by the minor coordinator (may be taken for credit through COMM 494; 495; 496, PUBR 493, or EXSC 450).
Across the Core Curriculum and other programs of Monmouth College, most transfer courses are accepted. Departments Chairs have the final determination regarding how transfer credit will be applied to meet major or minor requirements. More information for transfer students is available on our Admission Transfer Credits page.