Resources & Opportunities
Study abroad is not required for international studies majors, but it is strongly encouraged, and we’ve got plenty of options. Our programs range in length from two weeks to a full semester or even a year. In recent years, our majors have studied in Morocco, Japan, Scotland, Mexico, Spain and France.
Our Passport Program provides reimbursement for eligible students to get a U.S. passport if they do not already have one. In addition to covering the cost of application, we also assist with the paperwork, and we’ll even take your passport photo on campus.
Senior capstone projects
International studies encourages students to develop unique individual research topics for their capstone projects. Students have worked on a vast range of topics, including:
- The water wars along the Nile
- The influence of China in Pakistani infrastructure projects
- The culture and economy of anime between Japan and the United States
- The role “overtourism” in Barcelona
- The oppression of the Uighurs in China
- The Russian cyber involvement in the 2016 U.S. presidential elections