Meet our Career Assistants
The Wackerle Career Assistants are paraprofessionals who are trained and available to help students with career development.
2012-2013 Career Assistants
- Hometown: Galesburg, IL
- Major: Communications and Public Relations
- Work Experience: During my past years at MC I have been a Greek House Manager, Student Associate for the Office of Student Affairs, Resident Assistant and the Student Success Intern for spring 2012. Over the 2012 summer I was the Residence Life Intern and summer Head Resident for the Office of Residenc Life. During my senior year at MC I am a Career Assistant for the Wackerle Career and Leadership Center as well as a Resident Assistant.
- What do you look forward to about working in the Wackerle Center? I am really excited to help my fellow students find their passion in life. I have always known my future career would involve helping people and being able to help my peers while I am still in school is a great opportunity to start now.
- If you could change places with any famous person for a day, who would it be and why? JK Rowling for a few reasons. First, because the Harry Potter series was what first started my love for reading while I was little and has impacted so many lives. Also, because from her fame and the money she has made she has donated so much of it to charity it shows she hasn't lost sight of what is important. Additionally, who wouldn't want a British accent if they could have one?
- What do you like to do in your spare time? When I am not running off to an activity for one of the many organizations I am in or doing homework I love to read, spend time with friends and family, and just relax.
- If a former supervisor had to describe you in three words, what three words would he/she choose? Dependable, problem-solver, and task-manager.
- Hometown: Mount Morris, IL
- Major: Computer Science
- Minor: Math
- Work Experience: I have worked on campus in the Stockdale Center as a Student Manager for the past two years, I have worked as a Scot Ambassador through the Admissions Office for the past year, and I am also the President of The Association for Student Activity Programming for the upcoming year.
- What do you look forward to about being a CA? The thing that I look most forward to about being a Career Assistant is simply being able to help other students in moving on with their lives and developing their careers and futures.
- If you could change places with any famous person for a day, who would it be and why? If I could change places with any famous person for a day I would have to pick Jonah Hill. This is because I have been a fan of his movies and comedy for a long time now and I love making people smile and laugh so it would be great to be able to do that for a living for a day.
- What do you like to do in your spare time? In what little spare time I do have from being so involved I like to listen to music and spend time with my fraternity brothers either watching movies, playing video games, or some other random activity.
- If a former supervisor had to describe you in three words, what three words would he/she choose? Friendly, resourceful, hard-working.
Kayla Corzine '13
- Hometown: Danville, IL
- Major: Biopsychology
- Work Experience: I have served as a Scot Ambassador in the Admissions office. I work in Residence Life as the HR of Bowers Hall, and I work in the Student Involvement Office.
- What do you look forward to about being a CA? I look forward to learning as much as I can. It is never too late to learn something new. Working as a Career Assistant is also an opportunity to work with other students. It's a phenomenal way to utilize my skills and pass on knowledge/skills to others.
- If you could change places with any famous person for a day, who would it be and why? I would trade places with Jane Goodall. Jane Goodall proved her male counterparts wrong and has done remarkable research with chimpanzees. She is very inspirational and serves as a beacon to all women in science.
- What do you like to do in your spare time? What spare time? When I am not in class, participating in track and field, supervising Bowers Hall, or working as the ASMC Student Affairs Rep, I really enjoy curling up on the couch with a good book.
- If a former supervisor had to describe you in three words, what three words would he/she choose?Hard-working, reliable and friendly.