Environmental Awareness and Recycling
Environmental Awareness & Recycling
- The normal faucet flow is around 3-5 gallons of water per minute.
- Showers can account for up to 32% of home water use.
- 240-260 million tires are discarded every year in the United States.
- Polystyrene foam is completely non-biodegradable. In simple terms, the foam cup you throw away today will still be sitting there 500 years from now.
- When motor oil is not disposed of properly, it can seep into the ground and contaminate our drinking water. Just one quart of motor oil can pollute 250,000 gallons of drinking water.
- An aluminum can that is not recycled will still litter the earth almost 500 years later.
- The average office worker throws away around 180 lbs. of recyclable paper every year.
- Hot dogs lasts more than 10 years in a landfill.
- 63% of the trash that people throw away can be recycled.
- Americans throw away enough aluminum every three months to rebuild our entire commercial air fleet.
Please follow recycling instructions in the recycling flier posted or distributed in your living unit.