Disability Services will serve students who have disabling conditions that do not fall in any of the other categories within the documentation guidelines; decisions regarding appropriate accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
The professional who prepares the current documentation of the student's condition should include the following information:
- Diagnosis and relevant explanation
- Date of diagnosis
- Date of last clinical contact with student
- Approximate duration of disorder
- Severity of disorder
- Description of the student's functional limitations in an educational setting.
- Medical information to be considered in a college environment, including medication needs.
- Additional information that seems helpful in determining the nature and severity of the student's disability.
- Suggestions of reasonable accommodations (should be supported by the diagnosis).
- Additional recommendations that may assist Disability Services in determining appropriate accommodations and intervention.
The documentation provided will be reviewed by appropriate College personnel, as determined by the type of documentation provided, for diagnosis of the disabling condition and the resulting functional limitations. The College personnel will make recommendations for accommodations to Disability Services for its final decision based.