Our programs assist students of diverse backgrounds throughout their college careers, aiming to fulfill the objective of preparing future leaders. Resources and support are provided to help students complete college successfully, while endeavoring to live up to Monmouth College’s mission by partnering with faculty and staff in helping students achieve success.
- International Student Orientation -The Center for Intercultural Life organizes a comprehensive orientation program for incoming international students at the beginning of fall and spring semesters. The orientation program focuses on the transition to American culture and higher education, with special emphasis on the importance of a liberal arts education.
- New Beginnings - At the beginning of each academic year, the Center for Intercultural Life organizes a three-day program for multicultural students to assist them with transition issues.
- Annual Cultural Festival - Every fall, the Center for Intercultural Life organizes a cultural festival to celebrate the cultural diversity that exists in our society. International students design and staff booths to display artifacts from their native countries, and other student organizations also participate. Food from around the world is served and cultural performances and ethnic music is provided.
- Latino/Hispanic Heritage Events - The Center for Intercultural Life helps Raices and other minority student groups lead the celebration of Latin American heritage.
- International Student Orientation - The Center for Intercultural Life organizes a comprehensive orientation program for incoming international students at the beginning of fall and spring semesters. The orientation program focuses on the transition to American culture and higher education, with special emphasis on the importance of a liberal arts education.
- Martin Luther King Day Celebrations - Speakers are invited to discuss and celebrate Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s life and his contribution to society.
- Black History Events - During the month of February, a variety of activities are sponsored to celebrate black history and the contribution of African-Americans to society. The programs are diverse and include workshops, speakers and musical concerts.
- Women's Awareness Month Events
- Cultural Awareness Week - Every spring semester, the Center for Intercultural Life in collaboration with other offices and academic departments, organizes workshops and discussions that relate to cultures and ethnicities represented at Monmouth College. Also included in the series of programs and workshops are topics that relate to the experiences of the LGBT community as well as gender-related issues. The theme for the Cultural Awareness Week Celebration is: “So We May Know Each Other Better.”
- Multicultural Students Leadership Awards Banquet