The Office of Intercultural Life offers a three-day college success program for all minority students. The purpose of this program is to help the incoming minority students make a successful transition from high school to college. For many of the minority students, especially those coming from large cities like Chicago and St. Louis, transition to a college located in a small town is a challenge. For some who may be leaving their homes for the first time college is a bigger challenge.
This program offers workshops and sessions to help make the transition to academic life in a largely unfamiliar territory smoother. The workshop sessions include topics such as:
- Conversations about new beginnings, academic life and expectations
- Managing family and academic obligations
- Creating a Culture of Excellence
- Familiarizing students with who, where, and when to seek help
- Effective time management
- New Minority Students Arrive Wednesday August 21, 2013, 3:00-5:00pm.
- New Beginnings starts from the evening of Wednesday August 21 through Friday August 23, 2013.
- Registration opens from June 10th through August 1st.