Offices/Resources: Physical Education Department
Byrnes Educational Wing
Marshal Training Room
Trotter Fitness Center M Club Hall of Fame
The Huff Athletic Center, which opened in the fall of 2003, is a comprehensive facility for sports, fitness and recreation. The $22 million, 155,000-square-foot complex is built around the college's original 1925 gymnasium and the more recent Glennie Gymnasium.
A large addition to the west contains a the Pepper Natatorium with eight-lane competition pool, a steam room and sauna, and a multipurpose fieldhouse with a 200-meter track.
The track, which is covered with a durable Mondo surface, was given in memory of Charles H. Niblock '24. The infield space accommodates jumping and throwing events, as well as practice areas for basketball, volleyball, softball, soccer and baseball.
The Huff Center also encompasses the Trotter Fitness Center, a wellness suite, the M Club Hall of Fame, Glennie Gymnasium, Byrnes Educational Wing, Marshall Training Facilities and the home and visitor locker rooms.
Named in memory of Elizabeth Huff, whose husband, Walter '56, provided $10 million in funding for the facility, the Huff Athletic Center is located at the heart of campus and is open daily to members of the campus community.