Campus Map

Click here for a printable copy of the Campus Map (820 Kb)
This file is an Adobe PDF.

Monmouth is located at the intersection of U.S. Routes 34 and 67. The nearest Interstate is I-74, accessible from Galesburg, 12 miles to the east. It is 180 miles southwest of Chicago, 40 miles south of the Quad Cities, and 60 miles west of Peoria. Click here for Google Maps Directions.

 

Quinby House
Elegant Victorian mansion, built in 1867 and listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Quinby serves as the private family residence for the president of Monmouth College and his or her family.

 The Quinby House


Tennis Courts and Parking
Developed in the summer of 2002, the Monmouth College Tennis Courts feature a six court facility and are home to the newly reformed Fighting Scots Men's and Women's Tennis Teams. Adjacent to the Tennis Facility is a 127 car parking lot.

Tennis Courts and Parking


North Hall
Completed in 2005 and tentatively named North Hall, this 35,000-square-foot residential facility for sophomores is coeducational and consists of quads of two bedrooms, each sharing a single bathroom.

Image of North Hall.


Graham Hall
Men's residence hall, built in 1959; renovated in 1994. Named for Russell and Ralph Graham father and son, who were, respectively, former trustee and former professor of political science. Three stories with spacious lounges and guest apartment.

Graham Hall


Edward A. Mellinger Learning Center
Contains computer lab and English department faculty offices. Formerly a residential house for Alpha Tau Omega fraternity. The writing center is located on the 3rd floor of Mellinger.

Mellinger Teaching and Learning Center


Fulton Hall
Women's residence hall, built in 1951; renovated in 1991. Named for Samuel A. Fulton, a prominent Presbyterian layman who led fund-raising efforts for the building. Three stories, with guest rooms, spacious lounge and kitchen area.

Fulton Hall


Haldeman - Thiessen Science Center
The college's former science building, it contained classroom space, labs, a fourth-floor greenhouse, and faculty offices for physics, chemistry, biology, psychology and mathematics and computer science.

Haldeman - Thiessen Science Center


Softball Field
Home field of Fighting Scots softball. Literally located a stone's throw from Graham Residence Hall, fans routinely cheer on the Scots while watching the game from the comfort of their rooms. The softball team is comfortable here, too, enjoying a winning home record nearly every year since 1999.

Image of the softball field.


Boucher Plaza
Dedicated in the fall of 2001, this plaza is the gift of 1931 graduate Virgil "Tige" Boucher. With a fountain at its center, it provides a gateway to Bobby Woll Memorial Field.

Boucher Plaza


April Zorn Memorial Stadium
Completed just before the start of the 2009 football season, April Zorn Memorial Stadium surrounds Bobby Woll Memorial Field and track.

Image of April Zorn Memorial Stadium


Fraternity Complex
A three-wing building containing living and meeting space for the college's three fraternities, Zeta Beta Tau, Alpha Tau Omega and Sigma Phi Epsilon. Each building contains a spacious lounge and chapter room. Built in 1966.

Fraternity Complex


Liedman Hall
Women's residence, built in 1968. Three stories, plus basement; two towers with double rooms and suites of four. Recreation room, exercise room. Named for former professor and dean of women, Jean Liedman.

Liedman Hall


Cleland Hall
Men's residence, built in 1966. Three floors, plus basement with large recreation room and kitchenette, courtyard. Named for John and Eva Cleland (husband and wife), who were, respectively, former dean and former professor of English.

Cleland Hall


Hewes Library
Contains more than 200,000 volumes, periodicals and informational materials, and an electronic network that provides access to libraries around the country. Also contains the Information Systems Office and a computer lab, the Beveridge Rare Book Room, the Federal Depository, Monmouthiana Room archives, and the Len G. Everett Art Gallery.

Hewes Library


Alice Winbigler Hall
Men's residence hall, built in 1947. Named for former professor of mathematics. Two stories, plus basement.

Alice Winbigler Hall


James Harper Grier Hall
Women's residence hall, built in 1940. Named for college's fifth president. Three stories. The Underground Cafe is located in the basement.

James Harper Grier Hall


The Underground Cafe
Need caffeine? The coffee shop provides a quiet, comfortable setting for a light snack and some study time. Meetings and student events are also held in The Underground, which is on the lower level of Grier Hall.

The Underground Cafe


McMichael Residence Hall
Women's residence hall, built in 1914 as college's first dormitory. Named for college's fourth president. Three stories plus basement and sub-basement. Underwent $3.5 million renovation in 1997-98.

McMichael Residence Hall


Bookstore
Located on the lower level of McMichael Residence Hall, the Monmouth College Bookstore sells not only books, but a variety of specialty clothing, gifts, office supplies and stationery.

Monmouth College Bookstore


Stockdale Student Center
Contains the college's newly renovated main dining hall, Scotland Yard snack shop, Scots Market, student mail boxes, a TV lounge, a commuter student lounge, the Office of Student Activities, Office of Student Publications, and several rooms for banquets, meetings and conferences.

Stockdale Center


Dunlap Terrace
A meeting place for students, located between the Stockdale Student Center and McMichael Residence Hall.

Bobby Dunlap Terrace


Austin Hall
Originally a dormitory, building became home of the music department in the 1950s and was named for T. Merrill Austin, former head of the Conservatory. Contains office, rehearsal and classroom space.

Austin Hall


Founders Village
Located on the east side of campus, Founders Village is composed of four individual buildings, each containing six apartments, providing an independent living opportunity for 84 upperclass students.

Founders Village


Wells Theater
A modern, $1.8 million theater space opened in 1990 for the college's student drama and other productions.

Wells Theater


McMichael Academic Hall
Contains general classroom space, the Poling Room multimedia lecture classroom, and the offices of art and political economy and commerce

McMichael Academic Hall


Wallace Hall
The college's centerpiece facility, it houses the offices of the president and academic dean, general classrooms, grants office, the Trotter Computerized Classroom, a multimedia production lab, and faculty offices for history, government, classics, modern foreign languages, education, and speech, communication and theatre arts. MCTV student television station, Capron Classics Room, Wells Conference Room and the Mary Crow History Room are also located in Wallace Hall.

Wallace Hall


Poling Hall
Contains office space for the offices of business and finance, dean of students, registrar, Chaplain, physical plant, college support services, and the Wackerle Career and Leadership Center. The Teaching and Learning Center is also located on the top floor.

Poling Hall


Huff Athletic Center
Dedicated in 2003, this 155,000-square-foot facility contains a fieldhouse, natatorium, fitness complex, gymnasium, wellness suite, locker and training rooms, classrooms and offices.

Huff Athletic Center


Bowers Residence Hall
Built in 2001, Bowers Hall is a modern, state-of-the-art residence hall. Constructed primarily for upper class students with suite style living. Four students share two bedroom rooms, a bathroom and a living room.

Bowers Hall


Dahl Chapel and Auditorium
Built in 1896 and renovated in 2002-03, the Dahl Chapel and Auditorium is the college's oldest building. Contains the Louise DuBois Kasch Performance Hall, rehearsal rooms and dressing rooms.

Dahl Chapel and Auditorium


Marshall Hall
Contains chapter meeting rooms for the college's three women's fraternities, Pi Beta Phi, Kappa Kappa Gamma and Alpha Xi Delta.

Marshall Hall


International House
Formerly the Theta Chi fraternity house, this facility is home to several international students and also contains a residential suite for general students on the third floor.

International House


The Manor
The Manor, a century-old Monmouth landmark built with historic ties to a prominent local family and Monmouth College, received a new lease on life in 2006, thanks to the generosity of an MC alumna. The former Pattee home, at 701 East Broadway, which served as the presidential manse during two Monmouth College administrations, was donated to the college by MC trustee Bonnie Bondurant Shaddock and her husband, Roland. The stately brick residence, which is a notable example of American Foursquare architecture, is located across the street from the college's admission building.

The Manor


Admission - College Relations
Contains office space for the offices of admission, college communications, web services, alumni relations and development. Also contains the Rankin Room, a general meeting room and conference space.

Admission - College Relations Building


Peacock Memorial Athletic Park
Opened in the spring of the 2000, Peacock Park is home to Glasgow Field and two state-of-the-art soccer fields. The park is a gift from Mr. and Mrs. Safford Peacock.

Peacock Memorial Athletic Park


Glasgow Field
This professionally-designed baseball field is named in honor of longtime baseball coach Terry Glasgow and his late daughter Angela. It includes brick dugouts, dressing rooms and a press box.

Glasgow Field


LeSuer Nature Preserve
The LeSuer Nature Preserve was designed with a goal of serving the public as an educational and recreational area, as well as preserving and restoring habitat for native species. In the coming months, a nature trail will be added to help visitors enjoy the streams, woods and tall-grass prairies. 

LeSuer Nature Preserve


Boone House
This unique house was built in 1961 and was home to Commander Gilbert Boone and his wife, Katherine. Recently, the home was given to the college, extensively renovated and dedicated in the fall of 2000. The house holds Eastern Asian art collection and also hosts campus retreats.

The Boone House


Gracie Peterson Hall
Centrally air-conditioned, Gracie Peterson Hall is a modern, coed living facility with separate quads/triples/double rooms and single rooms for each gender. Students living in quads, triples, or double rooms share a bathroom. Each room has wireless internet along with the regular cable connection.

Image of Peterson Hall.


Alpha Xi Delta House
The women’s fraternity hall houses 19 students and was the first new Greek Life building in decades. The building was completed in the winter of 2011.

Image of Alpha Xi Delta House.


Center for Science and Business
The unique 136,000 square foot building houses the sciences and business and it opened in the Fall of 2013. It’s designed to specifically facilitate discussion and collaboration among students and faculty from a wide variety of disciplines.

Image of the new Academic Building for the Sciences and Business