Monmouth's Sustainability Scholarship is a new program offered for incoming students interested in alternative agriculture, sustainability and environmental issues. Both first-time freshmen and transfer students are eligible. A total of 10 scholarships will be awarded of up to $2,500 per year. The scholarships are renewable for four years.
- Be accepted for admission with all required scholarships information by January 13, 2013
- Have a high school or transfer GPA of 3.0
- Submit an essay on why he/she would like to be considered for this scholarship via email to email@example.com. Please put “Sustainability Scholarship” in the subject line
- Work an average of 3-5 hours a week on one or more assigned or self-assigned sustainability projects: i.e. four hours weeding, seed blocking, transplanting at the garden on a Saturday morning
- Sponsorship and attendance at a Tuesday night “sustainability” film series at the Garden House
- Serving as tour guides for grade-school field trips to the garden or the La Suer Nature Center, etc.
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA while at Monmouth College
For inquiries about Sustainability scholarships, contact Dr. Craig Watson, firstname.lastname@example.org